Balance is a predictor of your longevity, and your ability (or inability) to balance could be an indicator of your brain health. Here’s what losing your balance could mean and some tips on how to assess it.
Balance is a Predictor of Your Longevity
In this video, these questions will be answered:
- Can we test our own balance?
- What’s a BOSU Ball?
- How long should we be able to balance on one leg?
- What’s the connection between our balance and brain health?
- What are some warning signs of poor balance?
- What are ways we can improve our balance?
- 28% adults (1 in 4) age 65+ fall each year and less than half ever tell their doctor. A fall is the most important reason to see a doctor and be evaluated.
Karen’s Fit Tip: Don’t shrug off a fall or “near fall”. Consider it a health clue. Seek out a professional to help assess your balance, identify muscle imbalances/weaknesses, and help improve your functional fitness.