Need some healthy fast food? Here’s a high-protein, high fiber dish that you can enjoy as a side, salad. or to-go lunch.
Why quinoa? It’s protein dense, rich in B vitamins and omega-3 fats which means it’s not only healthy for your heart, but nourishing for your bones and skin.
It’s also gluten-free if you’re sensitive to wheat. The ready-to-heat brown basmati and quinoa combo is already cooked which makes preparing this power salad simple and quick!
What’s In It
- Two 8-oz packages Lundberg Family Farms® Ready-to-Heat Brown Basmati & Quinoa
- 2 diced Roma tomatoes, diced to fill 2 cups
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced Wasabi Arugula* greens (a blend of wasabi arugula, spinach and sweet lettuce)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 lime
- Freshly ground black pepper
- OPTIONAL: 1 lb. raw shrimp OR 16-oz. firm tofu (use cooked shrimp if you want it ultra fast and extra firm tofu if skewering and grilling)
Other optional add-ins: sliced cucumbers, radishes
That’s because this new boutique green is cross pollinated with horseradish (a non-GMO natural varietal) which gives it a complex spicy flavor of freshly made wasabi paste.
It’s very high in vitamin A and contains vitamin C, calcium and iron as well as potassium.
- Heat basmati/quinoa per directions on the package. Takes only a couple minutes to heat.
- Add tomatoes, green onion, avocado, arugula and any optional add-ins to cooked grains.
- For optional protein: Skewer raw shrimp OR tofu.
- Place the skewered shrimp OR tofu on the grill, brush with a little extra virgin olive oil, then sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and sea salt.
- Grill for 1-2 minutes and turn the skewers, then continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from heat and finish with some freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Blend olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Pour over grain and vegetable mixture, then sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, and toss.
- Plate and lay cooked shrimp OR tofu on top of each serving or serve in a bowl. Enjoy!