UPDATE: Tortilla chips are the classic appetizer in Mexican and Tex-Mex restaurants and great for scooping up creamy guacamole and other exotic dips. However, these tasty wedges can be packed with salt and fat. It’s easier than you might think to make your own seasoned chips sans the grease and sodium. In this recipe, sprinkle your chips with some fresh lime zest after baking for a flavorful citrus finish.
Tortillas are a suitable replacement for bread if you’re watching your sodium intake. One Organic, Non-GMO Yellow Corn Tortilla has just ZERO mg of sodium compared to 160 mg in a typical slice of whole wheat bread.
What’s In It…
- 1 pkg. Food for Life®, Non-GMO Sprouted Corn Tortillas, “Taco Size”, sliced into 8 wedges
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh lime zest
How It’s Made…
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Spread wedges on a baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Dust chips with coriander and cumin.
5. Bake approximately 6-7 minutes until lightly browned and crisp. (You do not need to turn them over.)
6. Remove from oven to cool. Sprinkle with fresh lime zest.