UPDATE: Mangos are in peak season, so find ways to include these refreshing tropical fruits in your daily eating plan. They’re filled with nutritious goodness, flavor, and antioxidants.
Here’s why this colorful fruit makes the A-list of Fountain-of-Youth Foods. Pair it with avocados, an amazingly healthy superfood, that’s rich in fiber, healthy fats and phytonutrients and you’ll have a naturally creamy salsa for fresh fish, chicken or tortilla chips.
What’s In It…
- 2 large ripe avocados, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion
- Juice from 3/4 of a whole lime
- 1-2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/16 of 1 jalapeño, diced (use more or less based on your desired level of heat)
- 1 large ripe mango (other than the Honey Mango variety), diced
- 14 oz. Pineapple-Honey Mango Salsa* (see below)
How It’s Made…
1. Mix the above ingredients in a medium bowl and serve.
*Pineapple-Honey Mango Salsa (Tastes great on its own!)
- 4 honey mangos (a.k.a. Manila or Ataulfo Mango), diced
- 1/4 of 1 small fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/16 of 1 jalapeño (to taste)
- 1/4 c. red onions
- 1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 of 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lime
Karen’s Fit Tip:
Look for honey mangos that have some ‘wrinkling’ on the outside.They may look like they’re older, but that’s when they are sweet, creamy in texture, and ripe!