Hope all you dads out there had a Happy Father’s Day! Here are pics from my guest expert appearance on ABC 10 featuring healthy meals that kids can make for dear ol’ dad or for any occasion. I used pre-cut veggies and pre-sliced beef and Lékué steam cases (both the large and small size) for cooking. No need for kids to have to slice, dice, or cook over a hot stove.
If you haven’t tried a Lékué steam case yet, you are missing out on an opportunity to make healthy, easy and fast cuisine. It’s a new way of cooking!
On the menu:
- Appetizer: Broccamole (Aztec Guacamole) with fresh carrot “chips”, sliced cucumbers, broccoli florets, baked sweet potato crinkles, and a mixed medley of cherry tomatoes. Broccoli was chopped with my “pull” food processor. No knives! (Adult supervision is still needed.)
- Entree: Asian Sliced Beef and Veggies (beef and vegetables were purchased pre-sliced ‘fajita’ style, then marinated, and cooked in the large red Lékué steam case)
- Side: Chili Beans with Diced Sweet Potatoes and Cauliflower (‘riced’ veggies were also purchased pre-diced and cooked in the small green Lékué steam case)
- Beverage: Iced Tea with fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Dessert: Fresh Fruit Cup (layers of fresh kiwi, raspberries, strawberries, mango + crumbled whole wheat graham crackers + Kozy Shack® tapioca pudding topped with non-fat whipped cream and a Bing cherry on top)
Stay tuned… I’ll be featuring a healthy July 4th meal on ABC 10 next week!