Fresh peaches are in season! Roasting fruit brings out their natural juices and sweetness. Enjoy them on your toast layered with your favorite nut butter and cinnamon for an easy-to-assemble breakfast.
What’s In It
- 1 medium peach, pit removed and sliced in half (If fresh peaches are out of season, you can use defrosted frozen peaches instead.)
- 1 slice sprouted whole grain bread, such as Food for Life® Flax
- 1 tablespoon organic creamy peanut butter (natural)
- Organic date sugar* (optional)
- 8-9 raw almonds, chopped
- Pinch ground cinnamon
*Date sugar is just dehydrated dates ground into a sugar-like consistency. It’s naturally sweet with a caramel-like flavor. Looks like brown sugar.
How It’s Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place peach cut side up on a baking sheet. (I line the pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking.) Bake peach for 5 minutes until softened.
- Slice peaches.
- Lightly toast bread and spread with peanut butter. Sprinkle lightly with date sugar (optional), then press chopped almonds into the peanut butter.
- Layer sliced peaches on top and dust with cinnamon.
Karen’s Fit Tip: I like Santa Cruz Organic Creamy Light Roasted Peanut Butter. It has less sodium — 55 mg sodium per 2 tablespoons. Compare that to Laura Scudder’s Old Fashioned Natural Peanut Butter which contains 95 mg, and 365 Organic Peanut Butter which has 130 mg sodium per serving.