What’s the connection between the health of your feet and your longevity?
When you lose mobility in your feet, you literally lose the foundation of your balance, the ability to stand upright, and to move. And when any of those areas are compromised, your health will decline, and your longevity will decrease.
Here’s a foot fitness test to assess your own toe/ankle strength and flexibility. Give it a try!
1. Stand on a STAIR while facing up the staircase. (Use the bottom stair, and hold onto the handrail please.)
2. Stand on your toes going up as high as you can.
3. Then hang your heel over the edge of the stair, and let it go below the level of the stair. If this causes pain, stop the test.
- If your heel goes below the level of the stair without causing strain in your calf, your flexibility level is excellent.
- If your heel feels some strain, you can correct it with flexibility exercises.
How did you do?
Karen’s Fit Tip: Healthy feet are the foundation of a healthy body. Pamper them! Prevent your muscles from atrophying (shrinking). Use them and feed them well.