When it comes to making fruit smoothies, I always encourage adding a vegetable, protein and healthy fat. It makes for a more balanced beverage and will keep you satiated longer — especially if it’s meant to be a meal in a glass. I made this for our Plant Strong class last night at Kaiser Permanente in Dublin, CA. They really liked it and were surprised to find out that other than the chia seeds, the other protein I added was tofu!
What’s In It…
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons organic chia seeds
- 1/4 cup House Foods® organic soft tofu
- 100% pure pineapple juice (I like Lakewood® Organic Pure Pineapple Juice – NOT nectar)
- Ice cubes
How It’s Made…
- Combine all of the above ingredients except ice cubes in a blender. Add pineapple juice to help liquefy.
- Add ice cubes to chill and to blend to a thinner consistency (if preferred).
Makes 1-2 servings.
Ingredients: Organic Pineapple Juice. One bottle equals 2 to 3 organic pineapples.