Here’s a quick and ‘creamy’ soup made without cream! No dairy, no saturated fat, and it’s ‘souper’ easy to make!
What’s In It…
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small red onion
- 4 oz. tofu, firm
- 1 bag (10 oz) of Cascadian Farms Organic Mirepoix* (pronounced mere-PWAH)
- 1 cup Pacific Low-Sodium Vegetable broth
- 2 (15-oz) cans cannellini beans, un-drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- paprika, smoked or sweet
*If you cannot find the Cascadian Farms mirepoix, just dice the following: 5 oz. onion, (white or yellow) + 2.5 oz. celery + 2.5 oz carrots.
How It’s Made…
- Chop garlic and small red onion.
- Sauté garlic, onion, and mirepoix in about 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil OR vegetable broth over medium heat.
- Stir often until vegetables are tender and browned (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add beans + liquid, 1 teaspoon dried rosemary. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to Vitamix. Process on high speed until smooth.
- Return mixture to pot. Stir in up to 1 cup vegetable stock if desired. (Use your own judgement and preference as to the amount. The creaminess will vary depending on how much liquid is in the canned beans and how much water is in the vegetables, so it’ll vary.)
- Add black pepper and salt (optional).
- Cook over low heat and stir occasionally until heated through.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cayenne, paprika, black pepper, and a fresh sprig of rosemary if you have some.
Serve with a slice of Ezekiel Sprouted Grain toast and a fresh green salad for a healthy and whole plant-based meal!