Plant-based 🌱 lifestyle classes are here! Learn the science behind eating certain plants plus the daily how-to’s of menu planning and cooking whole food, plant-based meals.
Plant-Based Basics — Discover How to Live, Not How to Diet
This anti-inflammatory how-to series covers the five key elements of a lifestyle-as-medicine eating plan. Plant-Based Basics is a foundations course and strongly recommended to those who need guidance sustaining or transitioning to a whole food, plant-based lifestyle. All core curriculum classes build on each other.
Research shows that food, stress, gut, toxins, and infections all contribute to chronic systemic inflammation. It is now known that inflammation is the underlying issue for most chronic illnesses, such as coronary atherosclerosis (plaque buildup), stroke, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, rheumatoid arthritis, obesity, asthma, macular degeneration, depression, as well as some cancers….. AND food is the most universal trigger for inflammation.
“Let food by thy medicine and medicine be thy food” ~ Hippocrates
Researchers confirm that fatty streaks start appearing in arteries by the teen years, and atherosclerotic plaques continue to develop from that point on. Atherosclerosis is a chronic disease. Heart attacks, sudden death or stroke can occur when inflammation causes these atherosclerotic lesions to rupture which cause a dangerous — even fatal — clot to form.
Plaque also builds up in the vast network of blood vessels in the brain whereby affecting memory and cognitive function. Dementia is now strongly linked to lifestyle and is no longer just an inevitable consequence of aging.
The diet is the most natural remedy for inflammation. In Plant-Based Basics you’ll learn what foods to include (and exclude) and how to incorporate the key plant-based anti-inflammatory foods into everyday meals.
Core curriculum: Whole Grains 101; Legumes 101 (beans and lentils); Antioxidants 101; Healthy Fats 101; Anti-Aging 101
For more info, contact Karen: email@example.com
* * *
If you’ve ever been afraid of to cook with tofu, fear no more! Tofu 101 is a *FUN* evening meant to inspire!✨You get the facts (vs myths) about the mighty soybean and learn how to transform tofu into something you never thought you’d eat — and love! 😍 Tofu tastings include: a tofu appetizer, breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, and a sweet treat! Here’s what they’re saying below…
What participants like about Tofu 101…
- “Incredibly impressed with what can be done with tofu. It was great tasting the different foods. Loved hearing Karen’s hints, tips, pantry items, and utensils to use.”
- “Food was great — as well as the information about tofu and how to prepare it.”
- “The recipes for some tofu dishes are a great resource.”
- “Getting to taste all of the food with full-sized portions, Q&A provided throughout, and recipes. Genuine presenter. Very fun!”
- “Discovered tofu can be cooked in many ways and taste good.”
- “Trying the food and learning more about tofu and some of the other plant-based foods featured.”
- “Great info and nice to taste test!”
- “I liked the recipes and the ‘live’ food tasting of each recipe during the class. Great Q&A, too.”
- “Actually tasting the recipes and learning shortcuts.”
- “Being able to sample different foods with tofu in them.”
- “To actually taste the recipes.”
- “The variety of options presented and flavors were excellent.”
- “I learned so much about the versatility and possibilities of tofu.”
- “I found it interesting to see all the different ways tofu can be used.”
- “Short of standing next to Karen in the kitchen while she prepares the different recipes (that would be wonderful), this is the next best option. Karen is so excellent at including important nutritional info in all of her classes which has really helped me to make better choices.”
- “Love that Karen is so knowledgeable and shares tips for being successful.”
- The setting/classroom was perfect, and class size was just right. Nice that there were assistants, so Karen could discuss the subject and the food and other could serve.”
- “Karen is very helpful and super knowledgeable.”
- “Karen is always giving and proving her best and experience.”
The most helpful thing participants learn at Totu 101:
- “That tofu is more versatile than I originally thought. Gave me great ideas on cooking and using it.”
- “How to handle and work with tofu plus the tools needed. Also, eating food with tofu opens up a world of possibilities!”
- “Karen’s recipes are great resource.”
- “How to cook with tofu.”
- “Various ways I can incorporate tofu into my food.”
- “The many types tofu available.”
- “Tofu’s versatility.”
- “The different varieties and how easy (apparently) it is to incorporate tofu into recipes.”
- “All the gadgets Karen showed us as well as explaining the spices. Learned a lot.”
- “The tofu press and the warming element used in class.”
- “How versatile tofu is to incorporate its benefits.”
- “Different types of tofu, and the variety in how to use it.”
- “Very tasty meals can be made using tofu. And if you like to cook, there were some very good recipies.”
- “Not to be afraid of experimenting with tofu.”
- “I was shocked to find out how versatile tofu is and easy to adapt. Also, learning about the various types of tofu.”
When: Contact Karen for upcoming dates – firstname.lastname@example.org